Recipe by Geema
I have not made this sauce yet, but just reading it got my heart beating fast. Seems like it would go well with game, poultry or pork.
Top Review by bernettavan
I loosely used the cooking instructions, but followed the ingredients! I boiled for longer and added more liquid while cooking. I mashed with a potato masher. I tried to screen it, but frankly it was just too thick! Next time I'm making much more and will put into jam jars and process.
- 1 lb fresh black mission fig, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients with 1/2 cup water in a saucepan.
- Cover; bring to boil over high heat.
- Reduce to a simmer; cook, partially covered, until fruit has broken down, about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Let cool slightly; remove thyme sprig.
- Press mixture through a large-holed sieve with a rubber spatula.