Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I have not made this sauce yet, but just reading it got my heart beating fast. Seems like it would go well with game, poultry or pork.
- Combine all ingredients with 1/2 cup water in a saucepan.
- Cover; bring to boil over high heat.
- Reduce to a simmer; cook, partially covered, until fruit has broken down, about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Let cool slightly; remove thyme sprig.
- Press mixture through a large-holed sieve with a rubber spatula.
This was quite simple to make - just stick it on the stove and let it reduce! We quite enjoyed it drizzled over grilled chicken and look forward to trying it with other flavors. Thank you!
This was the perfect accompionment(sp?) to broiled salmon and mashed potatoes. The flavor was heavenly. I used dried figs and am guessing that using fresh would be even more heavenly! Thanks Geema!