Recipe by CP Camper
This dish is a little different and results in a sweet and savory combination that even the most finicky eater will love. Our two year old scarfed it down.
Top Review by surryflores
The flavor was really good. I overcooked the eggplant. I always overcook the eggplant! It was dark and mushy. If I ever learn the secret to eggplant, this will definitely be a favorite. I could also see myself modifying the recipe to only include the spinach. Flavor was excellent.
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups small eggplants
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 tablespoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat Olive Oil in skillet over medium heat. Add celery and saute until fragrant. Add Green Onion and sugar and cook 1 minute.
- Peel Eggplant and slice into 1/4 inch medallions.
- Add Eggplant and cook until bottom begins to change color and soften about 3 minutes.
- Flip Eggplant and add Balsamic, Onion Powder, Five Spice, and Garlic Powder.
- Cook covered for 15 minutes stiring occasionally. The Eggplant should darken and begin to soften considerably.
- Add Spinach, Salt and Pepper and cook uncovered until spinach is wilted.