CP Camper's Note:
This dish is a little different and results in a sweet and savory combination that even the most finicky eater will love. Our two year old scarfed it down.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat Olive Oil in skillet over medium heat. Add celery and saute until fragrant. Add Green Onion and sugar and cook 1 minute.
- 2Peel Eggplant and slice into 1/4 inch medallions.
- 3Add Eggplant and cook until bottom begins to change color and soften about 3 minutes.
- 4Flip Eggplant and add Balsamic, Onion Powder, Five Spice, and Garlic Powder.
- 5Cook covered for 15 minutes stiring occasionally. The Eggplant should darken and begin to soften considerably.
- 6Add Spinach, Salt and Pepper and cook uncovered until spinach is wilted.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Balsamic Egg Plant and Spinach Saute
Serving Size: 1 (63 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 45.1
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 166.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 0.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: