2 hrs 10 mins
1 hr 55 mins
Based on other sirloin tip recipes I've made in the past, here's how we've tweaked the recipe to our own liking. Delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 29.58 ml butter
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 566.99 g sirloin tip steaks, cubed
- 1 large onion, sliced thinly
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 709.77 ml sliced fresh cremini mushrooms (or button mushrooms)
- 118.29 ml beef broth (not bouillon, which would make the dish too salty)
- 44.37 ml apple cider vinegar or 44.37 ml white vinegar
- 14.79 ml balsamic vinegar, to taste
- 7.39 ml soy sauce
- 118.29 ml half-and-half or 118.29 ml heavy cream
- 9.85 ml Dijon mustard
- 9.85 ml cornstarch
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- hot cooked rice or egg noodles
- 1Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- 2In a large pan over medium high heat (I use my Le Creuset French oven), melt the butter and oil together. Add the cubed sirloin and brown, about 7-9 minutes. Remove meat to a covered baking dish and set aside, but do not wipe out the pan.
- 3Add the onion, garlic, and sliced mushrooms to the pan the meat was browned in and stir well. Sauté until onion becomes slightly translucent, about 3-4 minutes.
- 4Add the sautéed mixture over the meat (it's not necessary to stir them together with the meat) in the baking dish and cover. Bake in the preheated 300 degrees F oven for 90 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- 5In another large pot or pan (again, a big Le Creuset works well), combine the broth, vinegars, and soy sauce and bring to a simmer.
- 6In a small bowl, combine the half and half, mustard, and cornstarch and whisk well. Gradually add the combination to the simmering mixture in the pot, stirring continuously, and simmer for 2-3 minutes until thickened nicely. (It's at this point that you should taste the sauce and decide whether or not you want more than 1 tablespoon of balsamic - I like it with both less and more balsamic -- it tastes different each way.).
- 7Pour the contents of the baking dish into the pot, stir well, raise temperature to high, and cook for another 2 minutes while stirring until sauce is thickened. Remove from heat and season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- 8Serve over hot cooked rice or egg noodles and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Balsamic Dijon Sirloin Tips
Serving Size: 1 (338 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 453.1
- Calories from Fat 278
- Total Fat 30.9 g
- Saturated Fat 13.6 g
- Cholesterol 132.9 mg
- Sodium 409.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 32.6 g