Recipe by JaniceB2
This is a quick, lite cucumber salad. The balsamic vinegar adds a zing! I made this recipe because I was looking for quick healthy snack and because mom keeps telling me to eat my veggies! :) Many cucumber salads call for very thin slices which adds to prep time. Here you just dice them quickly!
Top Review by Shabby Sign Shoppe
Delicious! I doubled the dressing because it didn't look like enough. I let it sit overnight and the dressing the recipe called for would have been plenty! It is a great side dish salad! I'll be making this again!
- 2 medium cucumbers
- 4 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons sugar (or sugar substitute)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl (leaving out cucumber).
- Slice cucumber lenth wise into quarters, then into 1/2 inch slices.
- (Cucumber can be cut any way, but I like bite size crunchy pieces.) Mix cucumber into dressing mixture.
- You can marinate if you wish, but tastes great right away!