Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
- 3⁄4 lb lump crabmeat, well drained
- 2 tablespoons roasted bell peppers, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onion
- 3 egg whites
- 1⁄3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs (chef’s choice)
- salt and pepper
- 1 dash water
- ---To Make The Dressing---.
- In a blender or food processor, thoroughly mix the vinegar and mustard.
- Then, with the motor running, slowly add the olive oil.
- When the oil is well incorporated, add the fresh herbs, salt, pepper, water and mix thoroughly.
- ---To Make The Crab Cakes---.
- Whip the egg whites until they are stiff.
- Place all the other crab cake ingredients in a bowl and add the egg whites on top.
- Blend and pat into 4 cakes.
- Next heat a large skillet on high heat and cook all 4 at one time.
- Pour in a little oil and fry on each side for 1½ to 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately on a bed of fresh seasonal greens with the balsamic dressing drizzled around.
Easy tofollow instructions, ingredients I had in the cupboard, went beautifully with crisp, fresh salad and BIG glass of white wine...what more could I want? Thankyou for sharing this, Miller