Recipe by Kendra*
This is a recipe I developed when I couldn't find one that was exactly what I wanted. This is a good side dish recipe for many different menus. It's also very versatile. You can add any different kind of veggies along with the onion (celery, peas, zucchini, carrots, tomatoes, corn). I use tri-color couscous in this recipe, but any kind will work.
Top Review by Motivated Mama
Very Good! I used whole wheat couscous and vegetable broth because I had some that needed to be used up. I paired it with Recipe #82508 and they complimented each other beautifully. Thanks for posting!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup couscous
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over low heat. Saute onion and garlic slowly until tender, approximately 15 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Add couscous, cover pan, remove from heat, and let stand for 5 - 10 minutes.
- Pour couscous into a bowl and top with vinegar, salt and pepper. Stir until combined. You may wish to add less or more vinegar depending on what you like. 3T works for us.