Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 5 pieces chicken breasts or 5 pieces chicken thighs or 5 pieces turkey breast or 5 pieces turkey thighs, deboned,washed and dried with towel
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1⁄4 medium yellow onion, chopped to large cubes about 2/3-1 cup cubed
- 1 medium tomatoes, cubed or 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes (fresh)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons salt or 1⁄2 cup tamari or 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2-1 cup white wine (if you use soy-sauce 1/2cup, if you use salt 1cup.) or 1⁄2-1 cup Chardonnay wine (if you use soy-sauce 1/2cup, if you use salt 1cup.)
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup (yes thats right maple syrup)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (or other oil of choice) or 3 tablespoons peanut oil (or other oil of choice)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil (its a strong flavor) (optional)
- Place above ingredients except meat, oil, wine, tomato, and maple syrup in a food processor or blender.
- Start blender with cover, on low speed wait five-ten seconds or so, slowly add a portion of the wine.
- You want the onion and garlic to chop but not to puree.
- adding too much liquid at once will just stir it around.
- Stop blender, add ½ of the total amount of tomatoes, start blender on slow speed for ten seconds or so, shorter for processor.
- Just to whack them around not to puree them.
- If you have Wine left over from the measurement above its ok.
- Pour the mixture from the blender into bowl.
- Add maple syrup, oils, and part of the wine.
- I haven't a measurement for the wine as this is to taste.
- You do not want the other ingredients floating in wine, just part of the combined.
- Place medallions in an oven glass so that they can lay flat and have a little room round them for the marinate Pour over the meat, turn them over a few times so the liquid can coat all the chicken.
- Another way to accomplish I like is to place 1/3-1/2 of the medallions in a 2 or 3 large ziplock adding the liquid carefully remove extra air, zip them shut.
- Carefully over your sink, just in case there is a leak, rotate the bags this will help to coat them.
- If time allows place the meat mixture either in the bags on a plate, or the oven glass covered in refrig, for 1 hour.
- Otherwise precede to baking instructions below Tightly cover with aluminum foil place in preheated 375 oven, for about 45min.
- This will varies based on the thickness of the meat.
- Remove aluminum foil cover, turn medallions over add remaining tomatoes some on top of meat, and bake for a additional 15min 20min uncovered till chicken appears, still moist rather caramel in color.
- To serve place one serving on plate cover with tomato and marinate from the baking dish.
- Also meat can be cubed and placed on salads. Or with pasta noodles. Conserving the baked marinate for a dressing.
- We never have leftovers of this very long no matter what you do with them at this point.
So much flavour!! I served it sliced on flavoured couscous.
excellent! -generally i'm a bit critical of things i make myself, but i think i may actually have liked this one.. quality meal with a lovely elegance to it, very good.