Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Fresh & easy, tweak as you like. As mentioned below, I serve it over egg noodles. Recipe from Check Your Health courtesy of Chef Bryan Wolley.
- Heat a large skillet and coat the bottom with just enough olive oil (about 2 Tbsp).
- Saute garlic, dried basil, and onion until fragrant.
- Flatten chicken breasts to 1/2 inch thick. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, sesar each breast side for about 6 minutes or until done.
- When you have about 5 minutes left, add the tomatoes, vinegar and wine.
- Allow to cook down for last 5 minutes.
- Place a cup of spinach onto a plate, followed by the tomato reduction and then top off with the chicken.
- Alternatively, toss spinach in the pan and stir for a minute or two, and serve skillet contents on top of egg noodles (our favorite way to eat it!).
Absolutely delicious, and so simple. Thank you very much.
Great flavor and aroma. Don't understand the calorie count-710 calories? Served with brown Texmati rice blend or low glycemic index pasta. I also put in less spinach and served with roasted asparagus, which really compliments the balsamic flavour.
This is a wonderfully easy to make dinner packed with fresh flavor. My "tweaks" were: used chicken broth in place of white wine (didn't have any), added a few shakes of Montreal steak seasoning to the chicken breasts along with salt before searing, removed seeds from the tomatoes, and added fresh chopped basil at the end. I served this over egg noodles as suggested. Thank you for a great recipe!