Recipe by Cucina Casalingo
Stir-fried chicken with colorful peppers in balsamic vinegar and basil bring plenty of flavor to this exciting dish. (I use the small colorful peppers from Costco.) Serve with rice or pasta. 4 Points per serving.
Top Review by mayadaikon
I completely missed the part where you were supposed to cut the chicken into strips, but it worked anyway. I think it would have been a lot better cut up, but oh well. The flavor was pretty good, I used a bit of white wine and chicken stock and did not add onion. Served with roasted potatoes and sauteed beet greens with feta.
- cooking spray
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (cut into strips)
- salt and pepper
- 2 red bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 2 yellow bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 2 orange bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 4 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil (or 1 tablespoon dried basil)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray skillet with cooking spray.
- Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Place the chicken in the skillet, season with salt and pepper, and brown on both sides.
- Remove from heat, and set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in the skillet over medium heat, and stir in the red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, orange bell pepper, and onion.
- Cook about 5 minutes, until tender.
- Mix in the red pepper flakes and garlic; cook and stir about 1 minute.
- Mix in the basil and 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar.
- Return the chicken to the skillet.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
- Stir in remaining balsamic vinegar just before serving.