Cucina Casalingo's Note:
Stir-fried chicken with colorful peppers in balsamic vinegar and basil bring plenty of flavor to this exciting dish. (I use the small colorful peppers from Costco.) Serve with rice or pasta. 4 Points per serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- cooking spray
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (cut into strips)
- salt and pepper
- 2 red bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 2 yellow bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 2 orange bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 4 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil (or 1 tablespoon dried basil)
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar, divided
- 1Spray skillet with cooking spray.
- 2Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- 3Place the chicken in the skillet, season with salt and pepper, and brown on both sides.
- 4Remove from heat, and set aside.
- 5Heat remaining oil in the skillet over medium heat, and stir in the red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, orange bell pepper, and onion.
- 6Cook about 5 minutes, until tender.
- 7Mix in the red pepper flakes and garlic; cook and stir about 1 minute.
- 8Mix in the basil and 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar.
- 9Return the chicken to the skillet.
- 10Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
- 11Stir in remaining balsamic vinegar just before serving.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Balsamic Chicken With Red, Orange and Yellow Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (382 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 243.2
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 82.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 29.8 g