Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Hubby and I had the other night, and hope you enjoy it as much as we do. Serve over pasta. We eat the leftovers for lunch.
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- Mix together flour, pepper, and salt.
- Dredge chicken in to make light dusting.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium high heat, add cut up chicken, sauté until chicken is light brown, about 6 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and garlic to chicken, sauté until mushrooms are almost done, stirring for about 3 minutes. .
- Add vinegar, broth, bay leaves, and thyme, cover, simmer over medium low heat, COVER, stir occasionally, for about 10 or until chicken is done.
- Transfer chicken to warm plate, cover with foil.
- Uncover skillet, raise burner to medium high for about 7 minutes to thicken.
- Remove bay leaves and add butter, stir, pour over chicken, and serve with your favorite pasta.
Wow this was really delicious! The balsamic and broth thickened into a lovely sauce that was perfect with the chicken and mushrooms. I tossed the pasta in the sauce, then served it topped with the chicken and remaining sauce. Simple to make and company-worthy - thanks for sharing a keeper!
This was easy to make and we loved the flavors of the sauce. I did find the chicken got a little dry so would not cut my chicken breast into strip next time, or I'd like to try this with thighs. I skipped flouring the chicken as I sometime find foods that have been coated then cooked in liquid can get slimy and I wanted to avoid that . I served this with brown rice with parmesan cheese and garlic, and saved all the delicious sauce for the chicken. Made for PRMRT
Very nice dish I will be making again, easy and delicious dinner. Next time I will use pasta as recommended but this time served with new potatoes and vegetables and it worked very well, thank you WiGal, much enjoyed for PRMR tag game