Recipe by WiGal
Hubby and I had the other night, and hope you enjoy it as much as we do. Serve over pasta. We eat the leftovers for lunch.
Top Review by loof
Wow this was really delicious! The balsamic and broth thickened into a lovely sauce that was perfect with the chicken and mushrooms. I tossed the pasta in the sauce, then served it topped with the chicken and remaining sauce. Simple to make and company-worthy - thanks for sharing a keeper!
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together flour, pepper, and salt.
- Dredge chicken in to make light dusting.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium high heat, add cut up chicken, sauté until chicken is light brown, about 6 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and garlic to chicken, sauté until mushrooms are almost done, stirring for about 3 minutes. .
- Add vinegar, broth, bay leaves, and thyme, cover, simmer over medium low heat, COVER, stir occasionally, for about 10 or until chicken is done.
- Transfer chicken to warm plate, cover with foil.
- Uncover skillet, raise burner to medium high for about 7 minutes to thicken.
- Remove bay leaves and add butter, stir, pour over chicken, and serve with your favorite pasta.