Adapted from "Not Your Mother's Casseroles" by Faith Durand. I halved the recipe and baked it in two individual 16-ounce baking dishes for convenience. I thought the ginger-garlic rice would have been better with more Asian flavors; next time I'm going to try soy sauce and Shaoxing wine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large chicken thighs (skinless, either bone-in or boneless)
- kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup white rice
- 1 piece fresh ginger, 2-inch long, grated
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced or grated
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F You can make this in one 9x13" baking dish, or divided into smaller individual dishes. If using boneless thighs, you can cut them into 2" chunks for ease of eating. Either way, sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper.
- 2Combine rice with grated ginger and garlic, rubbing them together with fingertips. Spread into baking dish(es) and top with chicken.
- 3Whisk together wine, broth, vinegar, ground ginger, and a good amount of ground black pepper. Pour over chicken and rice. Cover tightly with foil and bake 45 minutes.
- 4Uncover and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Bake another 5 minutes until cheese melts and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Balsamic Chicken With Ginger Rice
Serving Size: 1 (279 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 458.2
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 89.9 mg
- Sodium 458.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 24.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: