Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
'The Food You Crave' by Ellie Krieger
Make and share this Balsamic Chicken With Baby Spinach and Couscous recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, pounded between 2 sheets of waxed paper to 1/2-inch thickness (about 1 1/4 lb)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped (about 1 tablespoon)
- 8 ounces Baby Spinach (about 8 cups tightly packed)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup canned no-salt added chopped tomato, with their juices
- 2 cups hot cooked whole wheat couscous (from about 3/4 cup uncooked)
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over med-high heat.
- Season the chicken on both sides with the salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken to the pan and cook until browned and just cooked through, about 4 minutes per side.
- Remove the chicken to a plate.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons oil to the pan; add the garlic, and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the spinach and cook just until wilted, 1-2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, then transfer the spinach to a bowl and set it aside.
- Add the vinegar, broth, and tomatoes to the pan and stir, scraping any browned bits off the bottom.
- Bring to a simmer and cook until the sauce is slightly thickened, 3-5 minutes.
- Divide the couscous between 4 serving plates.
- Top with some of the spinach, then a piece of chicken and the balsamic-tomato sauce and serve.