'The Food You Crave' by Ellie Krieger
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, pounded between 2 sheets of waxed paper to 1/2-inch thickness (about 1 1/4 lb)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped (about 1 tablespoon)
- 8 ounces Baby Spinach (about 8 cups tightly packed)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup canned no-salt added chopped tomato, with their juices
- 2 cups hot cooked whole wheat couscous (from about 3/4 cup uncooked)
- 1Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over med-high heat.
- 2Season the chicken on both sides with the salt and pepper.
- 3Add the chicken to the pan and cook until browned and just cooked through, about 4 minutes per side.
- 4Remove the chicken to a plate.
- 5Add the remaining 2 tablespoons oil to the pan; add the garlic, and cook for 1 minute.
- 6Add the spinach and cook just until wilted, 1-2 minutes.
- 7Season with salt and pepper, then transfer the spinach to a bowl and set it aside.
- 8Add the vinegar, broth, and tomatoes to the pan and stir, scraping any browned bits off the bottom.
- 9Bring to a simmer and cook until the sauce is slightly thickened, 3-5 minutes.
- 10Divide the couscous between 4 serving plates.
- 11Top with some of the spinach, then a piece of chicken and the balsamic-tomato sauce and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Balsamic Chicken With Baby Spinach and Couscous
Serving Size: 1 (270 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 260.7
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 75.5 mg
- Sodium 340.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 27.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cooked whole wheat couscous