Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
'The Food You Crave' by Ellie Krieger
Make and share this Balsamic Chicken With Baby Spinach and Couscous recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, pounded between 2 sheets of waxed paper to 1/2-inch thickness (about 1 1/4 lb)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped (about 1 tablespoon)
- 8 ounces Baby Spinach (about 8 cups tightly packed)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup canned no-salt added chopped tomato, with their juices
- 2 cups hot cooked whole wheat couscous (from about 3/4 cup uncooked)
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over med-high heat.
- Season the chicken on both sides with the salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken to the pan and cook until browned and just cooked through, about 4 minutes per side.
- Remove the chicken to a plate.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons oil to the pan; add the garlic, and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the spinach and cook just until wilted, 1-2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, then transfer the spinach to a bowl and set it aside.
- Add the vinegar, broth, and tomatoes to the pan and stir, scraping any browned bits off the bottom.
- Bring to a simmer and cook until the sauce is slightly thickened, 3-5 minutes.
- Divide the couscous between 4 serving plates.
- Top with some of the spinach, then a piece of chicken and the balsamic-tomato sauce and serve.