Prep 5 mins
Cook 13 mins
saw this on the food networks low fat, low carb section and thougth it looked good, and wanted to share.
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, halved (8 oz)
- 226.79 g Baby Spinach
- 29.58 ml balsamic vinegar
- 78.07 ml low sodium chicken broth
- 396.89 g can chopped tomatoes
- 473.18 ml whole wheat couscous or 473.18 ml cooked rice
- Heat olive oil and garlic in large saute pan over med-high heat.
- Add chicken and cook about 4 min per side till juices run clear. Remove Chicken and set aside.
- In the same pan add spinach and cook just until wilted about 1-2 minute Remove from pan and set aside.
- Lower heat to medium and add the balsamic vinegar and chicken broth to the pan, stirring up all the tasty browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Add the tomatoes, simmer and cook 3-5 minute.
- Place Couscous or rice in a serving bowl, top with spinach, chicken and balsamic tomatoe sauce.
Great dish. Leave out the tomatoes and use brown rice, and it works as a meal for the Clean toxic cleanse program as well.
I got this recipe from my Ellie Krieger cookbook and wanted to post because it is so awesome but you beat me to it! The flavors of the chicken/tomato combo and the garlicky spinach goes so well together, you would never know it is so low in fat and calories. Thanks for posting!
This is a good and simple recipe, I liked although I felt it needed more balsamic,salt, and garlic for more flavor. I will probably be trying this again with some tweaking. Thanks for posting a healthy recipe.