Prep 5 mins
Cook 13 mins
Balsamic Chicken with Baby Spinach
Make and share this Balsamic Chicken With Baby Spinach recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 (8 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts, halved
- 8 ounces Baby Spinach
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup canned chopped low-sodium tomatoes, with juice
- 2 cups whole wheat couscous, cooked
- Heat a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and heat. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the chicken and cook about 4 minutes per side, or until cooked through and juices run clear. Remove the chicken and set aside. To the same pan, add the spinach and cook just until wilted, about 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside. Lower the heat to medium and add the balsamic vinegar and chicken broth to the pan and stir, scraping the bottom of the pan to remove any browned bits. Add the tomatoes, bring to a simmer and cook 3 to 5 minutes.
- Place the couscous in a serving bowl. Top with the spinach, chicken and balsamic-tomato sauce.
This is good and easy to make. I had leftovers for lunch the next day and the leftovers were wonderful!
I made this for my dinner tonight and it was very quick and easy. The only thing I did different was add a can of drained cannellini beans to the tomatoes. Thanks for a great recipe--I will be making it again.