1/8 Photos of Balsamic Chicken Thighs with Red Onions
1 hr 5 mins
I like using balsamic vinegar in my cooking, and this recipe is no exception: You can substitute chicken breasts, but I'd advise against it -- The thighs are higher in fat, but taste much better. Note: Very good over cooked rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oil in a large, non-stick pan, high heat.
- 2Cut onion into thin rounds.
- 3Add 1/4 tsp. pepper and 1/8 tsp. salt.
- 4Saute, cooking about 5 minutes.
- 5Reduce to med-high.
- 6Add chicken, 1/4 tsp. pepper, 1/8 tsp. salt, marjoram and oregano.
- 7Cook 2 minutes, and then add balsamic vinegar.
- 8Stir and reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 25-35 minutes.
- 9Cook uncovered for another 2-4 minutes, until sauce has reduced somewhat.
- 10If you want to garnish the dish, sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve with lemon wedges.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Balsamic Chicken Thighs with Red Onions
Serving Size: 1 (126 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 168.3
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 57.2 mg
- Sodium 209.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 14.0 g