I like using balsamic vinegar in my cooking, and this recipe is no exception: You can substitute chicken breasts, but I'd advise against it -- The thighs are higher in fat, but taste much better. Note: Very good over cooked rice.
- Heat the oil in a large, non-stick pan, high heat.
- Cut onion into thin rounds.
- Add 1/4 tsp. pepper and 1/8 tsp. salt.
- Saute, cooking about 5 minutes.
- Reduce to med-high.
- Add chicken, 1/4 tsp. pepper, 1/8 tsp. salt, marjoram and oregano.
- Cook 2 minutes, and then add balsamic vinegar.
- Stir and reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 25-35 minutes.
- Cook uncovered for another 2-4 minutes, until sauce has reduced somewhat.
- If you want to garnish the dish, sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve with lemon wedges.