Recipe by BecR
This is a wonderful main dish salad of romaine and spring mix lettuce, diced chicken breast, toasted walnuts, sun-dried tomatoes, crumbled gorgonzola, and herb croutons, with a tangy balsamic dressing. Helpful Tip: You can prepare the chicken salad in advance, then cover and chill until serving time. When ready to serve, toss the chicken salad with the lettuce and croutons and serve right away. Inspired by a favorite salad that is served at Croutons To Go.
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, torn into bite size pieces
- 2 cups mixed baby lettuces and spring greens, torn into bite size pieces
- 2 cups cooked chicken breasts, finely diced
- 1⁄4 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled gorgonzola
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- herbed croutons, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl stir together the diced chicken, toasted walnuts, sun-dried tomatoes, crumbled gorgonzola, balsamic vinegar, and olive oil.
- Season to taste.
- Cover and chill until serving time.
- Right before serving, toss the chicken salad mixture together with the mixed torn lettuces and herb croutons.
- Serve immediately.