This is a wonderful main dish salad of romaine and spring mix lettuce, diced chicken breast, toasted walnuts, sun-dried tomatoes, crumbled gorgonzola, and herb croutons, with a tangy balsamic dressing. Helpful Tip: You can prepare the chicken salad in advance, then cover and chill until serving time. When ready to serve, toss the chicken salad with the lettuce and croutons and serve right away. Inspired by a favorite salad that is served at Croutons To Go.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, torn into bite size pieces
- 2 cups mixed baby lettuces and spring greens, torn into bite size pieces
- 2 cups cooked chicken breasts, finely diced
- 1/4 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, chopped
- 1/4 cup crumbled gorgonzola
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- herbed croutons, to serve
- 1In a large bowl stir together the diced chicken, toasted walnuts, sun-dried tomatoes, crumbled gorgonzola, balsamic vinegar, and olive oil.
- 2Season to taste.
- 3Cover and chill until serving time.
- 4Right before serving, toss the chicken salad mixture together with the mixed torn lettuces and herb croutons.
- 5Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Balsamic Chicken Salad With Toasted Walnuts
Serving Size: 1 (156 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 336.9
- Calories from Fat 214
- Total Fat 23.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 65.1 mg
- Sodium 195.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 24.7 g