Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
A refreshing summer chicken salad. I marinate the chicken overnight.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon lemon, zest of
- shredded lettuce
- steamed baby carrots
- Place chicken breast halves between two pieces of waxed paper; flatten using a mallet.
- Place chicken breast halves in a baking dish; drizzle wine over chicken and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until no longer pink; let chicken cool in baking dish but drain off liquid.
- While the chicken is cooking, place raisins in a small bowl; cover with boiling water.
- Let sit for 15 minutes or until plump; drain.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the olive oil and vinegar until combined.
- Add in the tarragon, lemon peel, and raisins; whisk to combine.
- Pour mixture over chicken; cover with saran wrap and let marinate in the frig for 2-12 hours; turn chicken occasionally.
- Drain chicken; reserving marinade.
- Slice chicken and arrange on beds of shredded lettuce.
- Spoon reserved marinade over chicken.
- Arrange steamed baby carrots on salad plate; serve.