1/4 Photos of Balsamic Chicken Livers
If you are reading this, then you probably like chicken livers! This recipe, however, may convert the "others", namely husbands, boyfriends, wives or girlfriends who don't. I must admit I would never have thought of this combination, but the balsamic vinegar tempers the earthy taste of the livers. These are equally good cold, served as appetizers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the flour with the chili flakes in a resealable plastic bag.
- 2A few at a time, put the livers in the bag and shake to completely coat, remove and set aside.
- 3Repeat with remaining livers.
- 4Heat the oil in a large frying pan.
- 5Pan-fry livers for 2-5 minutes each side depending on whether you like them rare or well-done.
- 6Remove the livers from the frying pan.
- 7Remove the pan from the burner, and wait about 30 seconds for the pan to cool slightly.
- 8Add the balsamic vinegar to the pan, return to the heat, and scrape the juices and cooked bits up.
- 9Add the butter, and continue to mix well.
- 10Return the livers to the pan, coating them with the sauce and warming them through.
- 11Serve, and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Chicken Livers Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Livers Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Balsamic Chicken Livers
Serving Size: 1 (158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 362.0
- Calories from Fat 215
- Total Fat 23.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 421.7 mg
- Sodium 195.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 21.0 g