If you are reading this, then you probably like chicken livers! This recipe, however, may convert the "others", namely husbands, boyfriends, wives or girlfriends who don't. I must admit I would never have thought of this combination, but the balsamic vinegar tempers the earthy taste of the livers. These are equally good cold, served as appetizers.
- Combine the flour with the chili flakes in a resealable plastic bag.
- A few at a time, put the livers in the bag and shake to completely coat, remove and set aside.
- Repeat with remaining livers.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan.
- Pan-fry livers for 2-5 minutes each side depending on whether you like them rare or well-done.
- Remove the livers from the frying pan.
- Remove the pan from the burner, and wait about 30 seconds for the pan to cool slightly.
- Add the balsamic vinegar to the pan, return to the heat, and scrape the juices and cooked bits up.
- Add the butter, and continue to mix well.
- Return the livers to the pan, coating them with the sauce and warming them through.
- Serve, and enjoy.