2 hrs 40 mins
Luby Luby Luby's Note:
This recipe is courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis. I haven't actually made it, but I work with a young lady who prepared it and brought it to the office. This was so good we looked like some hogs "slopping at the trough" gnawing on those drumsticks and licking our fingers. We were even eating the marinade after all the chicken was gone because we didn't want to waste a drop. If you wanted to serve this as an appetizer you could use the "drumettes" from the chicken wings. The original recipe does not call for salt, but after tasting it I feel it does need some salt so I listed it as an optional ingredient.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the balsamic vinegar, honey, brown sugar, soy sauce, rosemary sprigs, salt and garlic cloves, stirring to mix well.
- 2Pour into a large reseable zip-top plastic bag and add the drumsticks.
- 3Seal with as little air as possible.
- 4Place in the refrigerator and marinade for at least 2 hours.
- 5Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- 6Place the chicken on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- 7Bake until the skin is carmelized and very dark in spots, about 30 to 35 minutes.
- 8While chicken is cooking, pour marinade in a small saucepan.
- 9Bring marinade to a boil then reduce the heat and simmer over low heat, about 20 minutes.
- 10Remove from heat.
- 11During the last 10 minutes baste chicken with the marinade.
- 12Place chicken on a serving platter and baste with the remaining glaze.
- 13Sprinkle with the sesame seeds and chopped parsley.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Balsamic Chicken Drumsticks
Serving Size: 1 (254 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 467.2
- Calories from Fat 139
- Total Fat 15.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 118.2 mg
- Sodium 938.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 49.3 g
- Protein 30.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: