Prep 2 hrs
Cook 40 mins
This recipe is courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis. I haven't actually made it, but I work with a young lady who prepared it and brought it to the office. This was so good we looked like some hogs "slopping at the trough" gnawing on those drumsticks and licking our fingers. We were even eating the marinade after all the chicken was gone because we didn't want to waste a drop. If you wanted to serve this as an appetizer you could use the "drumettes" from the chicken wings. The original recipe does not call for salt, but after tasting it I feel it does need some salt so I listed it as an optional ingredient.
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 5 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 5 garlic cloves, halved
- 10 chicken drumsticks
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Combine the balsamic vinegar, honey, brown sugar, soy sauce, rosemary sprigs, salt and garlic cloves, stirring to mix well.
- Pour into a large reseable zip-top plastic bag and add the drumsticks.
- Seal with as little air as possible.
- Place in the refrigerator and marinade for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place the chicken on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Bake until the skin is carmelized and very dark in spots, about 30 to 35 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking, pour marinade in a small saucepan.
- Bring marinade to a boil then reduce the heat and simmer over low heat, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- During the last 10 minutes baste chicken with the marinade.
- Place chicken on a serving platter and baste with the remaining glaze.
- Sprinkle with the sesame seeds and chopped parsley.
This was my first recipe I tried and it is still my favorite. The balsamic vinegar and honey together make a delicious glaze when grilled. We always make more when grilling so that we can have leftovers the next day since we love it so much.
This was easy to make, It smelled wonderful, But it was very bland. DH asked me NOT to make this again.
I made this for dinner and it was not enjoyed very much by MH or myself. He said give it 3 stars at the most. The flavor was different and did not suit our taste at all.