Recipe by Marie
Quick skillet chicken flavored with peppers, onions, garlic, basil and balsamic vinegar. Makes chicken very tender and dinner is ready in less than 30 minutes.
Top Review by SharonChen
Absolutely awesome recipe!! Added some soy sauce and brown sugar to give the dish some extra flavor. Strongly suggest to butterfly the chicken breasts first and make a few short cuts on each fillet (don't cut it all the way through) before seasoning. This will allow chicken to be easily cooked through and the flavor to be held in well. My chicken breasts were quite thick, so I sliced each one horizontally into 2 or 3 thinner pieces. Love the peppers and onions in this dish. Ate it over rice. Definitely a keeper. Thank you for posting!!!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt & pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups thinly sliced bell peppers (use a mix of colors)
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped fine
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, saute chicken in 2 tablespoons of oil over medium high heat, turning once for a total of about 8 minutes or until golden brown.
- Transfer chicken to a plate.
- Add 2 remaining tablespoons of oil to the skillet and cook peppers and onions, stirring often until just softened.
- Add garlic and stir for about 1 minute.
- Stir in basil and vinegar and return chicken and juices to the skillet.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 3 more minutes.
- Taste and adjust salt and pepper seasonings.