Recipe by Julesong
So simple, balsamic chicken is heavenly!
Top Review by Kelly207
This chicken is awesome! The balsamic vinegar really adds a nice tang, and the sauteed mushrooms are a nice touch. My husband is extremely fussy, and he's already asking when I'm going to make this again. It was a huge hit with the family, and super-easy to make. Thanks!
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground sage
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons white wine
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Place a chicken breast into a large Ziploc bag, close the bag almost all the way, then pound the chicken to a thickness to 1/2-inch thick; repeat with remaining breasts.
- Mix together salt, pepper, flour, and sage.
- Dredge flattened breasts in a mixture; shake off excess flour.
- Melt together the olive oil and butter in a large wide sauté pan or large electric griddle (one with a cover) and brown the chicken over medium-high heat for 3 minutes on one side.
- Add the garlic and shallot then turn the chicken over and sprinkle with the mushrooms.
- Saute for an additional 3 minutes, stirring the mushrooms so that they will cook evenly.
- (You may need to cook the chicken one or two at a time if you don't have a large pan; if so, cook them all then add them all back into the pan for the final steps.) Stir in the balsamic vinegar, chicken broth, and wine.
- Cover and simmer over medium-low heat for 10 minutes, basting with the sauce and turning the chicken once or twice.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.
- Makes 4 servings.
- You can also cook the breasts without flattening them first.