Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Here is a quick and easy chicken dish that can be thrown together in a few minutes and will impress your dinner guests as if you have been in the kitchen all day. Every time someone new tries this they insist it is the best chicken they have had. It also provides a wonderful aroma with the balsamic vinegar and clilantro mixture when cooking.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups balsamic vinegar
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 6 cloves fresh garlic
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, cut into slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place the chicken breasts into a baking pan.
- Pour the olive oil over chicken.
- Add the garlic cloves, chopped, to the pan over chicken.
- Grind the black pepper over chicken to suit your taste.
- Layer the fresh mushrooms over the chicken in the pan.
- Cut or chop the fresh cilantro into small pieces over the chicken.
- Include the stems and leaves.
- Pour the Balsamic vinegar over chicken to cover the breasts.
- Cover the baking dish an place on center rack of oven for 40 minutes.
- I have also made this recipe using frozen chicken breasts from the freezer when in a hurry for a dish.
- If chicken is frozen cook for a total of 1 hour 20 minutes and check to insure chiken is done by cutting into one of the breasts.
I cut the recipe in half and used 1 cup of balsamic vinegar. It was too vinegary for us right out of the oven. But I'm eating a piece the next day and it tastes alot better now. It's still too vinegary but more tolerable. I only had to cook mine for 25 minutes and it was a little dry.
My thoughts are along the same lines as a previous reviewer, Mochey. DH and I thought the amount of balsamic vinegar overpowered the dish and were unable to finish our servings. The mushrooms lost their natural flavor, and the cilantro was barely noticeable. The chicken breasts themselves were juicy but still overpowered by vinegar. I will say, though, that it smelled beautiful while cooking. Perhaps I should have followed the advice of previous reviewer, Raspberry lemonade, and reduced the balsamic vinegar. Thanks for a new flavor adventure. It's always good to try new things!
This was a real hit with my guest...I think just because it was different. Loved the cilantro. I only used 1 cup of balsamic Thanks