Recipe by Kenneth Davidson
Here is a quick and easy chicken dish that can be thrown together in a few minutes and will impress your dinner guests as if you have been in the kitchen all day. Every time someone new tries this they insist it is the best chicken they have had. It also provides a wonderful aroma with the balsamic vinegar and clilantro mixture when cooking.
Top Review by nemokitty
I cut the recipe in half and used 1 cup of balsamic vinegar. It was too vinegary for us right out of the oven. But I'm eating a piece the next day and it tastes alot better now. It's still too vinegary but more tolerable. I only had to cook mine for 25 minutes and it was a little dry.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups balsamic vinegar
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 6 cloves fresh garlic
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, cut into slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place the chicken breasts into a baking pan.
- Pour the olive oil over chicken.
- Add the garlic cloves, chopped, to the pan over chicken.
- Grind the black pepper over chicken to suit your taste.
- Layer the fresh mushrooms over the chicken in the pan.
- Cut or chop the fresh cilantro into small pieces over the chicken.
- Include the stems and leaves.
- Pour the Balsamic vinegar over chicken to cover the breasts.
- Cover the baking dish an place on center rack of oven for 40 minutes.
- I have also made this recipe using frozen chicken breasts from the freezer when in a hurry for a dish.
- If chicken is frozen cook for a total of 1 hour 20 minutes and check to insure chiken is done by cutting into one of the breasts.