Recipe by cmacooks
This is one of those recipes I made up one night because I was tired of the same old thing I did with chicken breasts. It is tangy and different, and I serve it with couscous or brown rice as a side dish.
- 16 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast halves, pounded thin
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, sliced paper-thin
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 medium roma tomatoes, sliced into rounds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 pinch rosemary
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Salt and pepper chicken breasts.
- In olive oil, sauté slivered garlic very quickly.
- Mix herbs and sprinkle on one side of chicken.
- Place breasts, seasoned side down, in sauté pan with garlic.
- Add part of balsamic vinegar.
- Sprinkle "up" side of chicken with salt and pepper and herb mixture.
- Sauté for about 4-5 minutes, then turn.
- Add more vinegar.
- Sauté for 4-5 minutes more.
- Add sliced tomatoes, and more vinegar.
- Transfer to oven proof baking dish, and bake at 375°F, covered, for about 15-20 minutes.