Excellant Italian Chicken dish! Nice to sprinkle a little of your favourite shredded cheese over. from B H & G
- 1⁄4 cup bottled Italian salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (I use flakes)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 ounces chicken breasts, tenderloins
- 10 ounces asparagus, cut into 2 inch pieces or 2 cups frozen cut asparagus, thawed and well drained
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 small tomato, seeded and chopped
- Stir together salad dressing, vinegar, honey and crushed red pepper in a small mixing bowl.
- Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large frypan.
- Add chicken, cook over medium high heat for 5 to 6 minutes or till chicken is tender and no longer pink, turning once.
- Transfer from frypan to a serving platter, cover and keep warm.
- Add asparagus and carrot to skillet.
- Cook and stir for 3 to 4 minutes or till asparagus is crisp tender, transfer to serving platter.
- Stir dressing mixture, add to frypan.
- Cook and stir for 1 minute, scraping up browned bits.
- Drizzle dressing over chicken and veggies.
- Sprinkle with tomato.
HooYa!! This was indescribably delicious. So packed with flavor. The sauce is kickin'. I really liked the balsamic vinegar flavor and the honey. I sprinkled a little fresh ground Parmesan on top of the chicken and veggies. Yumsville ;)
This was great, and quite easy. I used fresh asparagus, and served it over pasta. Mmmmmmm. My family loved it.
Thanks Derf for a recipe that really shines! I have made it at least 10 times now, and even bought a $20.00 bottle of Italian basalmic vinegar just for this dish. I have experimented and decided the sweeter basalmics deliver the best punch for this recipe. The chicken turns out succulent and moist. Tenders or thinly sliced chicken breasts are perfect for this dish. The asparagus and carrots are stir fried to a delicious crisp tender treat taking care not to overcook them. I sometimes use the prepackaged shredded carrots as an additional time saver. The dressing is out of this world with an occasional pizazz of crushed red pepper to give it a little zing. Topped with diced fresh tomatoes, Basalmic Chicken With Veggies is unbelievably delicious, and so very healthy too. This is a dish that comes together quick, and is not to be missed!