Excellant Italian Chicken dish! Nice to sprinkle a little of your favourite shredded cheese over. from B H & G
- 1⁄4 cup bottled Italian salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (I use flakes)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 ounces chicken breasts, tenderloins
- 10 ounces asparagus, cut into 2 inch pieces or 2 cups frozen cut asparagus, thawed and well drained
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 small tomato, seeded and chopped
- Stir together salad dressing, vinegar, honey and crushed red pepper in a small mixing bowl.
- Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large frypan.
- Add chicken, cook over medium high heat for 5 to 6 minutes or till chicken is tender and no longer pink, turning once.
- Transfer from frypan to a serving platter, cover and keep warm.
- Add asparagus and carrot to skillet.
- Cook and stir for 3 to 4 minutes or till asparagus is crisp tender, transfer to serving platter.
- Stir dressing mixture, add to frypan.
- Cook and stir for 1 minute, scraping up browned bits.
- Drizzle dressing over chicken and veggies.
- Sprinkle with tomato.