Recipe by CooksInHeels
This is a tasty main course. Served best with mashed potatoes. If you need to save time, you may also follow the instructions below but fry the chicken rather than boil. Cook chicken for about 25 minutes on medium following all other instruction.
Top Review by PaulaG
This is a fantastic dish. I was a little concerned about the cooking time; however, the water and dressing kept the chicken nice and moist. I used 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts that were cut into 3rds. They were served on top of mashed potatoes as suggested. A repeat for sure. Made for *PAC Spring 2007*.
- 1 lb uncooked chicken breast tenders
- 1⁄2 cup cooking sherry (optional)
- 16 ounces balsamic dressing
- 1⁄2 cup chopped Italian parsley, cut coursely
- 1 red onion, sliced thick
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a deep skillet or large pot boil 4 cups water over high heat.
- Add container of balsamic dressing to water, chicken, onions, sherry (optional)and parsley.
- Boil on medium until moisture starts to evaporate, stir occasionally.
- Mix in brown sugar and continue to cook until moisture evaporates by half. About 30-45 minutes total boiling time. Chicken should be medium brown in color.
- Scoop out chicken and onions into serving bowl.