Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a quick, easy, and elegant WW recipe that is suitable for entertaining. (4 Points)
Make and share this Balsamic Chicken and Mushrooms recipe from Food.com.
- 9.85 ml vegetable oil
- 44.37 ml balsamic vinegar
- 9.85 ml Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced (or more!)
- 4 (453.59 g) boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/4 inch thickness
- 473.18 ml small mushrooms, halved,or quartered if using larger mushrooms
- 78.07 ml chicken broth or 78.07 ml white wine
- 1.23 ml dried thyme leaves, crumbled
- In a nonstick skillet, heat 1 teaspoon of the oil.
- In a bowl, mix 2 tablespoons of the vinegar, the mustard and garlic.
- Add the chicken and coat both sides with the mixture.
- Transfer the chicken and mixture to the skillet; saute until cooked through, about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
- In the skillet, heat the remaining teaspoon of oil.
- Saute the mushrooms about a minute; add the broth/wine, thyme and remaining tablespoon of vinegar.
- Cook stirring until the mushrooms are deep brown, about 2 minutes longer.
- Serve the chicken, topped with the mushrooms.
This is really good using the chx broth. I added it to my "Make often file" Simple to make as well.
I followed the recipe exactly for the chicken and marinade portion of the recipe and doubled the broth and balsamic I added on the mushrooms. It was awesome. My husband and two year old enjoyed it too! Added some S & P and served with roasted asparagus. After removing the chicken from my nonstick skillet (just before adding the mushrooms) I had some flavorful bits that I loosened up with a bit of water. My initial marinade had all cooked up. I will make this again.
Loved this quick and flavorful recipe! As per other reviewers' suggestions, I sliced each breast rather than pound them and doubled the sauce. I used a mixture of button mushrooms, brown mushrooms and shitaki mushrooms, all sliced. I added 15 green olives sliced in half and sprinkled the sauce with red pepper flakes. Next time I will add rosemary -- just because I love rosemary and I think it will compliment the other flavors. Simple and delicious!