Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
The flavor of balsamic vinegar and sage compliment eachother so well with the chicken. I prefer this dish served over basmati rice. My friend Michele (who gave me this recipe) prefers it over noodles. Either way, hope you enjoy.
- Dredge the cutlets in flour.
- Brown in garlic and oil.
- Remove cutlets and deglaze pan with balsamic vinegar (twice around) and chicken broth (1/2- 1 cup).
- Be sure to scrape up bits from bottom of pan.
- Add cutlets back to pan.
- Add fresh sage, salt and pepper.
- Simmer until done, approximately 20 minutes.
- Sauce should be thickened and reduced.
- Serve over rice or pasta.
This is crazy yummy and easy!
Perfect light, quick dinner. The changes I made were that I used 5 boneless skinless chicken breasts and didn't bother flattening them and I used 6 garlic cloves instead of 2. We just happen to really like garlic. I also added 1 Tbsp unsalted butter to the sauce to help with a shiny glaze for presentation. We were looking for a light meal so just served the chicken with grilled Red onion, Yellow pepper and Asparagus. Oops; almost forgot, I used Fig Balsamic vinegar because my mother in-law just gave it to me today. I highly recommend this dish.
This is a wonderful moist chicken dish. I used chicken breasts that I flattened with meat mallet. The sauce cooked away and I added a touch extra broth to deglaze the pan at the end and pour over the chicken. Served the chicken on top of rice with a side of Rita's French Green Beans with Garlic and Sliced Almonds Haricot Vert - French Green Beans With Garlic and Sliced Almonds.