Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A quick and easy recipe I got from Home Made Simple.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Clean and dry chicken breasts.
- Mix honey with vinegar in small bowl.
- Spread bread crumbs on a plate.
- Place chicken in honey/vinegar mix, then roll in bread crumbs to coat.
- Place chicken breasts on baking sheet and top with small amount of oil.
- Bake uncovered at 350°F for 30 minutes until no longer pink.
This meal is definitely not bad, but nothing especially packed with flavor, maybe 3.5 stars? The chicken looked beautiful, was tender and the drizzle of olive oil on each helped keep it moist. (I let the chicken sit in the honey/balsamic mixture for about half an hour before I breaded it.) The taste left a little to be desired - I kept trying to think of what I could add to the recipe to just give it a little kick of flavor...? My husband and I couldn't decide whether or not to put it into our rotating list of recipes.
The first time I made it, I was a little skeptical. I just needed a new chicken recipe and chose this one on a whim...boy I'm glad I did! It was GREAT! I used pork accidentally the first time because I thought I pulled ck out of the freezer. 2nd time I used chicken. It was very moist and tasty! I'll make this one again and again!
Very good recipe. I pounded the chicken down a bit and then I let the chicken marinate in the mixture while the oven was preheating. Cooked it for 32 minutes, came out very good. Thank you for posting this recipe I will use it again!