Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
An excellent chicken thigh dish with only four ingredients. It tastes far more complicated and has a beautiful glaze when served, all in under 30 minutes.
- 3⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 4 chicken thighs, skin on (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- coarse salt
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450°; boil vinegar and garlic in a saucepan over medium heat about 5 minutes, until reduced to 2 3/4 T; add rosemary.
- Place seasoned chicken skin side down in a heated oven-proof skillet; on medium-high heat, cook the chicken on skin side only until brown, 3-5 minutes.
- Blot chicken on paper towels, wipe excess fat from skillet and return the chicken to the pan, skin side up; move skillet to the oven and bake to 180° internal temperature; 10-15 minutes.
- Turn on broiler; brush chicken with reduced balsamic and broil until glaze is bubbly, 1-3 minutes; serve.
OK, so I cheated and used chicken breasts. The results were delicious and juicy. I used fresh garlic from my garden and it was sweet when broiled.