Recipe by goushiangirl
This is similar to a "Sweet n' Sour" chicken- but a healthier alternative where taste is not compromised for good health! I was pleasantly surprised by the yummy flavor of this meal. Start a pot of potatoes or rice and the chicke will be done by the time they are!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (1/4-inch thickness)
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary, crumbled
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, salt and pepper in bag or container. Add chicken breasts and shake until coated. Remove chicken breasts from bag and reserve leftover flour.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in skillet and fry chicken, turning once until no longer pink, about 12 minutes. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Using the same skillet, add 1 tbsp oil, rosemary and reserved flour, and cook for 30 seconds.
- Stir in chicken broth, garlic, vinegar and honey.
- Simmer until thickened enough to nicely coat back of spoon. (Note: I usually let it go a little bit longer than that, so it coats the chicken rather than acting as a sauce. Just be careful not to overdo it.).
- Return chicken and juices back to pan and coat with sauce.