Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
"This chicken is good with either rice or pasta."
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Season chicken breasts with ground black pepper and garlic salt. Heat olive oil in a medium skillet, and brown the onion and seasoned chicken breasts.
- Pour tomatoes and balsamic vinegar over chicken, and season with basil, oregano, rosemary and thyme. Simmer until chicken is no longer pink and the juices run clear, about 15 minutes.
It was excellant. wish i would have used the couscus.
This was good, but a little too vinegary for our taste. I will try this again with less balsamic vinegar.
This recipe is absolutely delicious!!The chicken stays so moist it melts in your mouth.I didn't have tin tomatoes so I cut up about 10 small sweet tomatoes.I mixed the tomatoes with the balsamic vinegar and the herbs and let the mixture sit for about 15 minutes before adding it to the chicken.I changed the serving to 2 and it worked out great.