Recipe by Rachel Savage
Something I made up based on what was in the fridge one evening, with inspiration from some of the recipes already posted here.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 100 g chevre cheese or 100 g other firm goat cheese
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons dried cherries, minced
- 3 tablespoons cherry jam (no pieces if you can find it)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Crumble the goats cheese and mix with cherries and egg.
- Separate out the cheese mixture into two lumps. Shape into fat logs and wrap in cling film (saran wrap). Freeze for 20 minutes to firm up.
- Meanwhile, mix the jam and balsamic vinegar together and set aside.
- When the cheese logs are nearly ready, cut a slit in the side of each piece of chicken. Try to make a pocket and not allow the knife to go out the other side. Unwrap the cheese logs and insert each one into one of the pieces of chicken.
- Place the pieces of chicken into a greased baking dish with the open seam poining up. Brush the sides of the chicken with the jam-vinegar mixture.
- Bake at 200C for 20-30 minutes until the chicken is fully cooked.