Recipe by Cheri Lee
Another tantalizing fall recipe from Southern Living Magazine, November 2006
Top Review by Bonnie G #2
Very nice side, loved the balsamic but think next time I'd cut down by half on the brown sugar as it was a little sweet with the sweetness of the carrots. Easy to put together and the spices set it off nicely.
- 3 (1 lb) bags baby carrots
- 6 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons minced thyme
- 2 teaspoons tarragon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine carrots and 6 cups water in the dutch oven. Bring to a boil over medium high heat; reduce heat to low and simmer 20 minutes or until crisp tender.
- Drain carrots and keep warm.
- Cook balsamic vinegar in a small saucepan over medium high heat for 4 to 5 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half.
- Stir in brown sugar and butter until smooth.
- Pour vinegar mixture over warm carrots, toss to coat.
- Stir in thyme, tarragon and salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.