Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Another tantalizing fall recipe from Southern Living Magazine, November 2006
Make and share this Balsamic Butter Glazed Baby Carrots recipe from Food.com.
- 3 (1 lb) bags baby carrots
- 6 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons minced thyme
- 2 teaspoons tarragon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Combine carrots and 6 cups water in the dutch oven. Bring to a boil over medium high heat; reduce heat to low and simmer 20 minutes or until crisp tender.
- Drain carrots and keep warm.
- Cook balsamic vinegar in a small saucepan over medium high heat for 4 to 5 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half.
- Stir in brown sugar and butter until smooth.
- Pour vinegar mixture over warm carrots, toss to coat.
- Stir in thyme, tarragon and salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.
Very nice side, loved the balsamic but think next time I'd cut down by half on the brown sugar as it was a little sweet with the sweetness of the carrots. Easy to put together and the spices set it off nicely.
While this had a great flavour, I didn't find that the sauce "stuck" to the carrots much at all. I ended up with more sauce in the pot than on the carrots. I don't know what I did wrong (I followed the recipe exactly - or so I thought). Either way, they still tasted great! Made for PAC Spring 2010
Mmm, delicious! I halved the recipe, and it was wonderful. The carrots had an almost sweet flavor, and the sauce was fabulous. I'm trying to think of other things I can use it on, it's that good. Thanks for posting, Cheri Lee - we'll be making this one again!