Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From 28cooks.blogspot.com, a vegetarian cooking blog.
- 16 ounces Brussels sprouts
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 6 garlic cloves
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- salt or pepper
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Combine brussels sprouts, onion, garlic, and 3 tbsp olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and spread out on a greased cookie sheet. Roast 25-30 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile, saute shallot in remaining olive oil over medium-high heat, until tender. Add balsamic vinegar and cook another 3 minutes.
- Stir in rosemary and pour over brussels sprouts.
This is by far the BEST recipe for Brussels sprouts I have ever had. Roasting them brought out almost a sweetness and the balsamic sauce (I used a sweet white balsamic) adds to an already delicious dish. I am so glad I was able to try these- Thank You for sharing the recipe- I am saving this to my Favorites Cookbook! Made for PAC Spring 2011