Recipe by YiayiaMouse
This recipe comes from the queen of tasty, fast and simple-to-prepare meals - Rachael Ray. We could eat this every day (if it weren't for the butter!)
Top Review by Dorichan
My family loved this recipe. We eat tilapia like others eat chicken and I needed an easy and quick recipe to whip up for a busy weeknight. No need to change a thing. The fish was crispy and flavorful with just the salt and pepper seasoning, and the balsamic butter blend was velvety and rich tasting and had such a wonderful aroma. It was a perfect sauce over the fish. I served it with cooked red-skinned potatoes and a sauteed vegetable blend. I made sure the potatoes or the vegetables were lightly seasoned so as not to overpower the wonderful entree. I plan to add this recipe to my regular monthly menu. Thank you for sharing Tia!
- 16 ounces tilapia fillets
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper the fish and dredge in the flour. Shake off any extra flour.
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Pan fry the fish for 4 minutes per side.
- Remove fish and set aside, but keep it warm.
- Brown the butter slowly over medium heat.
- Add balsamic vinegar.
- Simmer until volume reduces by half. It should be somewhat like a syrup, but not that thick.
- Pour over tilapia fillets and serve immediately.
- Healthier Ideas: Try baking the tilapia for less fat. (Not sure what to suggest about the butter! LOL!).