Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe comes from the queen of tasty, fast and simple-to-prepare meals - Rachael Ray. We could eat this every day (if it weren't for the butter!)
- Salt and pepper the fish and dredge in the flour. Shake off any extra flour.
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Pan fry the fish for 4 minutes per side.
- Remove fish and set aside, but keep it warm.
- Brown the butter slowly over medium heat.
- Add balsamic vinegar.
- Simmer until volume reduces by half. It should be somewhat like a syrup, but not that thick.
- Pour over tilapia fillets and serve immediately.
- Healthier Ideas: Try baking the tilapia for less fat. (Not sure what to suggest about the butter! LOL!).
My family loved this recipe. We eat tilapia like others eat chicken and I needed an easy and quick recipe to whip up for a busy weeknight. No need to change a thing. The fish was crispy and flavorful with just the salt and pepper seasoning, and the balsamic butter blend was velvety and rich tasting and had such a wonderful aroma. It was a perfect sauce over the fish. I served it with cooked red-skinned potatoes and a sauteed vegetable blend. I made sure the potatoes or the vegetables were lightly seasoned so as not to overpower the wonderful entree. I plan to add this recipe to my regular monthly menu. Thank you for sharing Tia!
This was excellent! Tia took out the extra effort it usually takes for a Rachael Ray recipe. Love many of Rachael's recipes but her ingredient list normally includes everything she uses to make the main course along with a side or two so it was nice to find this recipe drilled down to only the tilapia dish ingredients. Only change I made was, in addition to salting and peppering the tilapia lightly, I also added a little more salt and pepper to the flour along with a little garlic powder. Just the way it's always been done in my family and it worked well with this. Thanks Tia!