Prep 16 mins
Cook 15 mins
- Trim the beans and cut into 2-inch lengths.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil, add the beans and time 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add bell pepper and cook 1 minute.
- Test beans for tenderness.
- Continue cooking a minute or so longer if necessary.
- Drain and rinse with cold water until cooled.
- Pat dry with paper towels.
- Melt a tablespoon butter in a large heavy skillet over medium heat.
- When hot, put pecans in pan and saute 4 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Put remaining 2 tablespoons butter in pan and melt.
- Add balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, salt and pepper.
- Stir until sugar has melted and mixture has thickened.
- Add beans and peppers, tossing a few minutes until hot and glazed.
- Add pecans and serve.
This recipe is one of the best ways to prepare green beans I've come across. I can't say enough good things about it--but I'll try..fabulous flavor, easy to put together, and inevitably a crowd pleaser. Thank you, Dancer^, for a new favorite!