Ann Marie F's Note:
From Womans World magazine Feb 2010. They say "Toasted pine nuts, sauteed shallots and a splash of white balsamic vinegar lend irrestible taste to this good-for-you vegetable dish that's cholesterol free!" I haven't made this but I want it in my cookbook so I'm posting it to share.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat large dry skillet over medium heat. Add pine nuts; cook, stirring, until lightly browned and fragrant, 4-5 minutes. Remove from skillet; reserve.
- 2To same skillet add oil and shallots; cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 5 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile bring large pot of salted water to boil. Add broccolini (or broccoli); cook until just tender, 5 minutes. Drain well; add to shallot mixture.
- 4Stir in vinegar, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until vinegar is reduced and flavors have blended, 1-2 minutes.
- 5Remove from heat; stir in reserved pine nuts.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Balsamic Broccolini (Or Broccoli)
Serving Size: 1 (17 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 82.6
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 97.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 0.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white balsamic vinegar