Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Womans World magazine Feb 2010. They say "Toasted pine nuts, sauteed shallots and a splash of white balsamic vinegar lend irrestible taste to this good-for-you vegetable dish that's cholesterol free!" I haven't made this but I want it in my cookbook so I'm posting it to share.
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced (1/2 cup)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs Broccolini (3 bunches, or you can use broccoli florets instead)
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Heat large dry skillet over medium heat. Add pine nuts; cook, stirring, until lightly browned and fragrant, 4-5 minutes. Remove from skillet; reserve.
- To same skillet add oil and shallots; cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile bring large pot of salted water to boil. Add broccolini (or broccoli); cook until just tender, 5 minutes. Drain well; add to shallot mixture.
- Stir in vinegar, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until vinegar is reduced and flavors have blended, 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in reserved pine nuts.