Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 35 leaves fresh rosemary
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons anchovy paste
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- Grind onion flakes and garlic powder into a fairly fine powder.
- Add the remaining ingredients, cover with lid and shake.
- To serve, pour on a (white) plate just enough of the vinegar mixture to cover 30% of the surface of the plate.
- Pour High quality, extra-virgin olive oil over the rest of plate to cover the vinegar -- typically using two or three parts of oil to one part vinegar.
- Note, the most important impact on flavor will be the quality of the olive oil, don't skimp.
- Dip slices of bread in mix.
- Keep unused vinegar mix in refrigerator.