A wonderful fragrant savory dish from Health Magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350*. Season chicken with salt and pepper, and heat olive oil in a dutch oven over med-high heat. Sear chicken thouroughly on all sides until it is a deep, golden color, about 3-5 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to plate.
- 2Add shallots and thyme to the pot, and saute until soft and golden. Pour wine into pan, and scrape up any bits left from the chicken. Cook 1-2 minutes, until nearly all liquid has evaporated.
- 3Add vinegar, broth, honey, bay leaf, and chicken to the pot, and bring to a simmer. Cover tightly and transfer to oven.
- 4Cook 30 minutes, turning once, until chicken is cooked through and is a deep, mahogany brown.
- 5Remove chicken and bay leaf from pot and skim any fat from sauce. Cook sauce uncovered until reduced by half. Add chicken back to pan, spoon sauce over top, and cook for 2 minutes to reheat.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Balsamic Braised Chicken With Honey
Serving Size: 1 (232 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 307.4
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 114.5 mg
- Sodium 379.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 23.3 g
- Protein 28.0 g