Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Very easy and elegant entree. I saw Rachael Ray make this but I couldn't find the recipe so I did it from memory and it came out great. I didn't have enough sausage so I added a few chicken tenders to it. The measurements may not be exact because I just eyeballed everything.
- 4 -8 links chicken sausage (I used chicken apple sausage)
- 1 red onion, roughly chopped
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Put sausage and red onion in a large skillet. Add chicken broth, EVOO, and balsamic vinegar until it comes about half way up the sausages.
- Cook over medium high heat until all of the liquid is evaporated. If you like balsamic vinegar you may want to add more to make more of a glaze.
- I served with mashed sweet potatoes and put some of the extra glaze on the potatoes like a gravy!