1 hr 20 mins
Balsamic vinegar gives this already very savory sauce additional depth and a rich dark color. It also helps it adhere better to grilling meat, combining with the brown sugar and soy sauce to create a nice glaze. Asian and Middle Eastern grocers sell all kinds of hot chili paste - choose the degree of fire you prefer. My fave is harissa, from Tunisia.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dice onion very finely, saute' with pressed garlic until soft.
- 2Add bourbon and chili paste (or pepper flakes), reduce over low flame.
- 3Add remaining ingredients and simmer until reaching the desired consistency (about 45 minutes). Tastes better over time, so prepare a few days in advance if you can.
- 4If not salty enough for your taste, add soy sauce rather than salt.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Balsamic & Bourbon Barbecue Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (994 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 421.1
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2784.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 42.9 g
- Protein 7.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: