Recipe by LoriInIndiana
Found on Epicurious.com. Sounds like a unique twist to me........... Used for ZWT 3 with Midwest and South as the regions, blueberries in Michigan and peaches in Georgia.
Top Review by justcallmetoni
So simple in its construction and divine in flavors, this is one you are left wondering "why didn't I think of that?" I love the sharp contrast of fruit with balsamic and often enjoy it with strawberries or oranges. I am planning to make this as an elegant dessert for a BBQ grilling the peach halves and pouring the blueberries and sauce on top. Yummy!
- 44.37 ml sugar, additional to taste
- 29.58 ml balsamic vinegar
- 709.77 ml blueberries, about 1 pound (divided)
- 453.59 g peach, sliced (can sub nectarines)
- 2.46 ml black pepper (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 1 to 1 1/2 quart heavy saucepan, bring 3 Tablespoons sugar with vinegar and 1 cup of the blueberries to a boil while stirring constantly.
- Boil 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Combine remaining 2 cups of blueberries with peach slices in a large bowl.
- Toss with hot blueberry syrup and black pepper.
- Add additional sugar, if desired.
- Let stand 30 minutes, tossing occasionally.