Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
The addition of Balsamic Vinegar is a surprise but also a delight if you love a good bloody mary. These have a kick. Great for the holidays! I understand this recipe comes from the FoodTV show "Molto Mario" by Mario Batali. I'm not exactly sure when and where I picked it up!
- 24 ounces vegetable cocktail
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lime, juiced,plus
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated horseradish, divided
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- hot pepper sauce
- 8 ounces vodka
- 4 celery ribs, with leaves
- 4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- In a large pitcher, combine the vegetable cocktail, celery seed, pepper, citrus juices, 2 Tbs grated horseradish, Worcestershire sauce, and hot pepper sauce and stir well to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Fill 4 glasses with ice.
- Add 2 oz vodka to each and fill three-quarters full with the vegetable cocktail mix.
- Sprinkle with the remaining horseradish, place 1 celery stalk in each glass, and squeeze a lime wedge over each glass before dropping the wedge into the glass.
- Float a tsp of balsamic vinegar on the top of each drink and serve.
This is an excellent Bloody Mary! I love Bloody Marys and I am always searching for the perfect recipe. I think this is it. The balsamic is a nice surprise but not at all overwhelming. I think that the ingredients in this recipe are wonderful and the perfect amounts. The only thing I did different is use lemon wedges instead of lime because I like lemon better but I still added the lime juice. Thanks for a great recipe. I know I will be making this for Mother's Day brunch!