Recipe by Dancer^
This delicious steak can be served alone or the slices can be tossed in a salad with the hot marinade sauce used as dressing. Points...5.
Top Review by Oolala
I used this as a starting point for a marinade and it was very nice. I left out the chili powder and the brown sugar but I added a bit of oil and some prepared teriyaki sauce. We grilled it over charcoal and it was perfect. Thanks for posting.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs flank steaks
- 1⁄2 cup beer (either ale or lager) or 1⁄2 cup sherry wine
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons grainy mustard or 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Pierce steak several times with fork; place in resealable plastic bag or in shallow dish.
- Combine remaining ingredients; mix well and pour over meat.
- Seal bag tightly or cover dish.
- Let meat marinate in refrigerator, turning occasionally, for at least 12 hours.
- Remove meat from marinade and grill over medium-high heat for 5 to 6 minutes on each side for medium doneness; remove from heat and allow to rest 5 minutes.
- Transfer marinade to small saucepan and boil for 5 to 10 minutes until slightly thickened.
- To serve, slice steak in thin strips across the grain and top with sauce, if desired.