Try this on your barbecue. Great with a green salad and rice or pasta. Marinating time is not in prep time.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs flank steaks (or inside round or sirloin tip)
- 1⁄2 cup beer or 1⁄2 cup ale or 1⁄2 cup sherry wine
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons grainy mustard or 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- Pierce meat with a fork several times.
- Place in a plastic bag.
- Mix other ingredients and pour over meat.
- Marinate in fridge 12 hours or overnight.
- Broil or grill steak over medium high heat 5 to 6 minutes per side.
- Let meat rest 5 minutes when done.
- Boil marinade in saucepan for 5 to 10 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Slice steak into thin strips and top with sauce.