Try this on your barbecue. Great with a green salad and rice or pasta. Marinating time is not in prep time.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs flank steaks (or inside round or sirloin tip)
- 1⁄2 cup beer or 1⁄2 cup ale or 1⁄2 cup sherry wine
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons grainy mustard or 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- Pierce meat with a fork several times.
- Place in a plastic bag.
- Mix other ingredients and pour over meat.
- Marinate in fridge 12 hours or overnight.
- Broil or grill steak over medium high heat 5 to 6 minutes per side.
- Let meat rest 5 minutes when done.
- Boil marinade in saucepan for 5 to 10 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Slice steak into thin strips and top with sauce.
Very good. My son is allergic to soy, so it's a challenge during grilling season to find good marinades without soy sauce. Made it for company and it was a big hit. Definitely a keeper!
Very tasty! I only had two hours of marinating time, but it still turned out great. I grilled over high heat to medium rare, then sliced it quarter inch thin. I put the sliced steak in a foil pouch and returned it to the grill for about 10 minutes. I boiled the reserved marinade and kept it warm over low heat for 30 minutes. It reduced down and I served it over the steak. Delicious!
Yummy marinade. It gave a great taste to the steak. I used dijon mustard. Thanks Tebo :) Made for Name that ingredient tag game